Reservation Rules for Sailors
Reservations are made through www.u-reserve-it.com/login As a CSF Member you will automatically receive a logon ID, password, and pin number. Make certain that CSF has the email address that you want to use to make sailing reservations on-line. Directions for using u-reserve-it are located in a separate section of the handbook.
When arriving at the Yacht Yard for your reserved sail, you must enter your reservation in the sign-up sheet posted in the box just inside the oar house.
- Members can reserve one of the boats for up to two-hour sails taking place between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- All reservation time slots must begin with an even numbered hour; 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00.
Advance Reservations Weekends and Weekdays
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- No more than two reservations per 7 days are permitted on U-Reserve-It at any one time.
- Back-to-back reservations are not permitted, unless, of course, you are sailing with a skipper from another member-household who has reserved the second time slot.
- Only one advance reservation is allowed per weekend (including a Monday holiday) from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend (See Same- Day/Drop-in Reservations rules to sail more than once on a weekend).
- When you arrive at the Yacht Yard you must enter your reservation in the sign-up sheet posted in the box just inside the oar house.
Same-Day/ Drop-in Reservations
- On the day of an intended sail any member can take a boat out without having made an advance reservation.
- You absolutely must notify the club that you are taking a boat out by entering your reservation in the sign-up sheet posted in the box just inside the oar house at the harbor.
- If there is any doubt about the boat being reserved, apply the 15 Minute Rule: If the holder of a reservation is not at the dock by 15 minutes after the hour, the reservation is considered void.
- Members who have already sailed or who have an existing reservation for the current weekend, must wait until 10 a.m. to reserve any slot that same day on UReserve-It.
- To sail back-to-back you would need to sail in at the end of your time slot, apply the 15 Minute Rule, reserve the next time slot, and go back out without worry.
Cancelling a Reservation
- It is critical to cancel reservations whether your plans change, winds exceed your skill level or inclement weather arises.
- It is very easy to cancel your reservation on www.u-reserve-it.com/login.
- Lee Jennings is the racing coordinator. She can be reached at LeeJennings@optonline.net.
- To encourage racing participation, the time slots for Wed. evenings at 6:00pm, and alternating Tues. evenings at 6:00pm will be held for racing with Pequot Yacht Club.
- To reserve a boat for racing you must either email or call the racing coordinator with your reservation.
- The CSF Racing Fairness Policy applies to racing reservations to encourage participation to all members. Reservations are not done on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- The 15 Minute Rule applies to these reservations.
CSF Racing Fairness Policy: If a 3rd reservation comes in for racing and the member has yet to race for the season, the racing coordinator makes the decision to look at the number of times the 2 other members/reservations have raced for the season. The racing coordinator makes the call to cancel the reservation of the member who has raced the most, thus allowing the member who has not had the opportunity to race to participate. It is the racing coordinators responsibility to contact the member(s) involved so that there is proper communication in advance.
A household cannot reserve more than one boat at a time, even though the household may have more than one designated skipper. An additional membership fee would be required.
15 Minute Rule: If the holder of a reservation is not at the dock by 15 minutes after the hour, the reservation is considered void.